Wednesday, April 29, 2009
What are we doing?
Well when it gets to be this time of year I get crazy with organizing,cleaning,sorting,painting! So I have redone my big bathroom, painted the walls a fun shade of aquamarine, got a new curtain,bought a new shelf and voila. Then a couple of weeks later, the small bathroom called out and wanted a makeover too. So a fresh coat of yellow, with a white trim in a middle, a picture with tulips on it, a shelf, a new mirror and again...voila. Then 2 days ago, I decided that the living room was the next project. Since getting our new couch I have contemplated a new color palate for the walls. So again I whooped out the rollers,tape etc... and decided to split the wall in half and paint brown on the bottom and tan on the top with a white trim to divide the two colors. I am now on the hunt for a new shag rug, and a valance curtain. Jeremy picked out a new double sconce to hang over our TV and I love it. Doing all these projects kind of makes me feel like we have moved to a new house but without all the hassle of boxes/moving trucks. When do I paint you may ask? Well I get the space prepped and ready in the morning and then as soon as the boys are down for their nap I start painting and don't stop until I'm finished or one of the boys wakes up. Which brings me to my next topic, Sleep! My children are wonderful sleepers and for that I am ever greatful. Rem is finally down to one nap, and goes down at the same time as Emil. So there is a block during my day when I can actually have some time to myself. And today that is right now, I am taking a break from painting due to soreness and enjoying blogging and a cafe latte with whipped cream (still in my pajamas) I love spring! I have mentioned that. Winter is fun, but it gets long around March and April. The best part is being able to go outside, or loading up the kids in the car without putting on their coats, getting ice cream at 7 at night. Life is good! Tomorrow is an exciting day, Jeremy is taking me out for dinner at J Gilberts for our 5 year anniversary. Getting all dressed up, going out with (just)my husband and leaving the kids with their grandparents. Really looking forward to it. Plus Jeremy and I wrote each other letters on our honeymoon that we said we could only read at our 5 year anniversary (which at the time seemed so far away) and here we are 5 years later...2 kids and all. So that's what is happening in our neck of the woods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment