
Tuesday my mom "mamie" came over for the day. Emil and Remy had so much fun getting to see her. Emil couldn't get off her lap the entire day, he would say "want to hold me? can sit with you? " He was also fascinated by her french accent. After his nap my mom told him that he was a good sleeper. Emil looked at her and repeated yeah I was a good "slippeh" imitating her version of the word and then laughing about it!!! It's funny that an almost 3 year old would pick up on something like that. But nothing gets past Emil! he notices if someone gets a hair cut, or has more make up on than normal...he's extremely observant. And he seems to appreciate the small things in life. The other day we went in the bathroom at a restaurant and he said "wow, this is a nice bathroom." And I have to second that comment, it had nice stones on the walls and a different looking toilet so he did notice that it wasn't a bathroom like all the others he may have seen in his lifetime. I have to say that although he can be a handful, he is a remarkably smart cookie. This morning he must have done something to get in trouble. About an hour later I was in my room folding laundry and he came in (without me asking him to do this) and said "mama, I'm sorry I made you angry" now seriously how can you not forgive such a sweet little soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment