Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Excited for Emil's birthday!








On Emil's birthday Grandma Patt and Grandpa Jim are going to pick him up and take him to breakfast. During that time I plan to redo his room with all the great airplane stuff I have accumulated over the last couple of months. Above are pictures, the "come fly with me" applique is so sweet I hope to put it above his headboard. I am going to hang the 2 metal airplanes that are next to my bowling shoes just to show you the size of the planes. They will hang from the ceiling by clear fishing string. the wooden planes will sit on a shelf. I am so excited about the airplane pillow, Jerm picked it out at Kmart (love that guy). The basket(thanks grandma Katie for finding it and the wooden airplanes too) will be perfect to store a few bedtime books. I am still working on valances for the windows that will match his sheets(which are already on his bed because I was way too excited about them) I am also going to paint over his giraffe picture and do a vintage airplane instead. and lastly I am blowing up black and white pictures of Emil and hanging them in frames. It'll be such a cute little boys room! Bring on April 3rd, I'm ready!

2 comments:

Grandma Patt said...

Ok, that explains the shoes. I kept looking at those thinking that they didn't look like anything you would wear :) It's all coming together real nice, isn't it? Going to be cute!!

Kate said...

What a great idea! He'll be so surprised! Cute stuff.